The Motorcorp Unit

The Samoor Motor Corps Unit was established in the 1970’s as a motorcycle unit. The unit meets on the 3rd Saturday of the month in member’s homes. Membership is limited to 10 couples so that each monthly host can accommodate members in their home. The Monarch and his lady are always invited to attend. The officers include a director, secretary, and treasurer. Each month a donation is made by each member toward the purchase of an Enchanted Lantern.

The Unit participated in parades and at various grotto conventions throughout the realm. As time passed, the Unit changed from motorcycles to cars such as a 1967 Mustang convertible, a Corvette and a number of Suzuki “Suzies.” The Unit is now “motor free,” but continues to support the grottoes activities.

The March meeting was held at Al & Lynn Light’s with Corned Beef and Cabbage as the main course.


The Grotto was founded in 1889 in Hamilton Lodge No. 120 in New York as the brainchild of Bro. Leroy Fairchild. He and other Masons wanted a fun organization that could involve brothers from many lodges and work for the common good. To this day a special charity at Supreme Council is called "Leroy's Boys". The black fez sets us apart and is our trademark.